Monday, September 29, 2008

She finally went potty!!!

I cannot believe it! Olivia finally peed in the toilet!! She is almost 27 months old for crying out loud!! I have been trying to potty train her for months with no success. We started when she was 20 months by just having her sit on the toilet in the morning. She would sit on it no problem, but would never go potty. So we continued all summer and nope, she never went potty, not even once. So I just gave up and decided to let her show me when she was ready. (BTW: Halie was completely potty trained at 22 months). Well this morning, she had a really nasty diaper and I told her "YUCK, you need to go in the potty already." Then proceeded to tell her to go get some chonies (underwear) on, because she is going to be a big girl now!

After about 2 hours of sporting them Tinkerbell chonies, I told her its time to go potty. She put her little Dora seat on the big toilet and climbed on up. Immediately I noticed she had a 'deeper concentration face' on than usual, so I told her "I don't hear anything...." and then lo and behold "tinkle, tinkle, tinkle" I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She really went pee!!! How exciting huh??? Olivia was so proud of herself. I think she is finally getting what I have been trying to tell her for months now! We'll see huh? Maybe we will beat Beck and Piper!!!
(And of course I didn't have the camera handy)

2 reactions:

Jess said...

yeah!!!! That is a very big accomplishment, Congrats to your baby
and you :)

Korbi said...

PLEASE come on over Olivia and show Beck what all the excitement is about!!!